Question about operator station in Omron system

timcph2008

Hello guys,

I have a question about operator stations in omron system.
From the manual I read, the basic system setup is using omron NS Series PT for the HMI. CX-designer can easily transfer project and graphics to NS Series PTs and the PT can communicate with PLC via different protocol.

Here is my question:
Is it possible using a computer, with windows OS, as an operation station? I am using omron CS1G as controller, I believe I can use an ethernet unit(CS1W-ETN11) for the PLC and operation station communication. However, I am not sure CX-one would have any function for operation station like a wonderware. Seems the NS hardware is a must.

Thank you for you guys help! Please let me know if you have any question.