question about RSPower~!

konney

hi~!

my today's question is about RSpower.till now there is no problem for me using RSpower to get datas from powermonitor 3000 pass-through PLC5 controller.RSPower is very useful to avoid boring BTR/BTW ladder in PLC5 controller.then i tried to use this facility in a CLX system.but it was not so easy as i did in PLC5 system.here i posted the jpg of the network below .will it be possible?

i am sure somebody here has used the RSPower to read parameters from the device such as powermonitor 3000.your any suggestion will be appreciated.

rspower.jpg

Supports the old 1400/1403 products, but not fully CIP aware

If you were using a direct DeviceNet driver in RSLinx (like the 1770-KFD or 1784-PCD card) then RSPower would allow you to set up a Channel that was a DeviceNet type channel, and you would just create the PowerMonitors under that Channel.

Because you are using a CIP path to get to the DeviceNet network, RSPower32 doesn't see a direct DeviceNet driver that it can assign to the Channel.

To give RSPower32 something to attach to, create a Shortcut in RSLinx that navigates through the Ethernet, across the backplane, out of the 1756-DNB and to the DeviceNet.

When you go back into RSPower32, you will find that the Shortcut is listed as an available driver.

That's from my fuzzy memory; I don't have the equipment nearby to try it out.