Question from a PM: Compact Logix L35E

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi Sir ,
I came to know from the forum that you are a genius in rockewell controls . I have a question on Allen Bradley compact logix L35E controller . How I can get the software for this ? Is it available to download ?

Secondly we lost the SD card for the controller which is used to load the program . A normal SD card will work for this ? Or we need to buy a specific one from OEM ?
What is this SD cad called in market ?
Once again I thank you if you can answer on this . Highly appreciated

Regards,

Dear Sir,

I posted your question here so it could be answered by more than just one person

How I can get the software for this ? Is it available to download ?

Secondly we lost the SD card for the controller which is used to load the program . A normal SD card will work for this ? Or we need to buy a specific one from OEM ?
What is this SD cad called in market ?

Rockwell offers several version, the most economical version is Mini 9324-RLD200ENE ($915.00) or 9324-RLD250ENE ($2,270.00), the service edition will not work as it is to limited for programming and troubleshooting https://locator.rockwellautomation.com/SalesOffice

I think any SD card will work on the newer ones but forgot if they will work on the L35e's

I got the same PM. My conjecture is that there is a commercial conflict with an OEM or integrator behind it, but that's not relevant.

The 1769-L35E uses a CompactFlash card for nonvolatile memory storage.

The Rockwell Automation branded cards have high temperature ratings, high-endurance ("single level cell") memory chips, and a high price. I use those in remote or high-value installations.

For general purpose use, I use SanDisk devices from a reliable vendor.

Because the CompactLogix operating system uses "FAT16" disk format, you should choose a CF card of no more than 2 GB capacity.

The CF card cannot be used to "load" the operating system or user program software from a PC to the PLC.

The card must be mounted in the PLC, and the programmer uses RSLogix 5000 to perform a save of its OS and User Program as an image to the card.