5069 Compact guardlogix question

Rsflipflop256

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am trying to spec out a system and the customer is asking for compact guardlogix, and they have a 120VAC control environment.

I am looking through proposalworks and cannot for the life of me find any 120VAC input cards in the compact guardlogix section.

What am I missing here? What is the safety solution for analog signals for compactlogix?

Thank you in advance.:mad:

Last edited:
You'll have to use some interposing relays and convert the signals to 24v dc.

I've never seen 120v AC analog signals before.

I think we're either missing some context or you've misspoken with some parts of your original post.

120VAC digital input modules are available for the 5069 platform: 5069-IA16
Analog input modules are available for the 5069 platform: 5069-IF8 (plus some other specialty AI modules)
Safety digital input and output modules are available for the 5069 platform: 5069-IB8S and 5069-OBV8S respectively
As far as I can see, safety analog input modules are not yet available for the 5069 platform.

If you need safety analog inputs, you may have to either install a 1734-AENT with a 1734-IE4S, or use an on-machine guard I/O block like the 1732ES-IB8XOBV4. Both of these would be compatible with your 5069 compact guardlogix safety controller.

Hi,

I am trying to spec out a system and the customer is asking for compact guardlogix, and they have a 120VAC control environment.

I am looking through proposalworks and cannot for the life of me find any 120VAC input cards in the compact guardlogix section.

What am I missing here? What is the safety solution for analog signals for compactlogix?

Thank you in advance.:mad:

You may have possibly confused “analog” and discrete “AC” signals. If not and you are actually looking for VAC analog inputs, they don’t exist.

You also won’t find VAC safety I/O. It’s 24VDC only.

“120VAC control environment” could mean a few different things.
1) 1-phase 120VAC mains, 24VDC field I/O
2) 1-phase 120VAC mains, 120VAC field I/O

Which is it?

In either case a 24VDC power supply is required for the controller/MOD power bus.

In the latter, as said above, interposing relays are needed. Probably safety-rated, too. All that plus wiring and cabinet upsizing to accommodate may dwarf the cost of just getting 24VDC field I/O from the start. You also won’t be doing analog inputs without 24VDC.

Last edited: