Compact logix 5069-IY4 input module - thermocouple

Cnetwork

Hello Guys,

Trying to scale a thermocouple directly into my IY4 card. Connected into the terminal +\-.

I’ve scaled the range of my J type to -50 - 750 degrees c for 0 - 100%. I’m getting an abnormal reading. Does anyone know if I need a link on CJC terminals? Or will it be okay just directly into the input?

Thanks

Which terminal block are you using? The manual says you need a 5069-RTB14CJC if you are using a thermocouple. Use the 5069-RTB18 if you aren't using a TC.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I read that but been told there’s a way of setting it up with out the CJC terminal block. I’m using the standard 18tb screw

Terminals 0-1 and 11-12 do not indicate a use in the manual. I bring this up because the manual does say on the top of page 69 that the IY4 has 2 CJC sensors. 2 thermistors embedded in the 14CJC or 2 thermistors wired to the 18. They even indicate the thermistor type as a Measurement Specialties, Inc. 10K3A1A.

The only place on the TB I could see to connect remote CJC would be on the terminals I listed above. The FBD on page 66 indicates that thermistors could be connected to terminals CJC x- and CJC x- [sic]. My guess is that those were meant to be the unlabeled terminals, but Rockwell never got that implemented and missed updating this part in the manual.

I think your easiest route is going to be to purchase the correct RTB. If you do happen to make it work with that RTB, please let us know!

Note that in the module configuration, logic 1 disables the CJ measurement.

A-B-5069-IY4-TC-RTD-input-module-logic-1-disables-CJ-measurement.jpg