Questions?!?

just_lionel said:
I have them running off the timers where if Timer Right = Done Turn on Timer Left. I dont know how to get them to reset.
You should probably post your updated logic. A quick guess... Put a NOT 'Timer Left Done' in the logic that enables Timer Right. That way, Timer Right can restart when Timer Left expires.

🍻

-Eric

I will do that (update you with the latest logic)

May be a minute though. I just wiped out what I had and redoing it now. I had only one belt running for a second. What is throwing me is resetting the bit after the OSR. I am using a three way switch in the program:
1) Regular Operation (Regular Operation as in first program)
2) Alternate Belts (Run Left for 25 sec Run Right 25 sec)
3) Manual Bypass Mode (Run All Belts, regardless of PE's)

I am just working on the Alternate mode in a project by itself right now since I was getting confused writing it in with my other code. I'll post it when I get it back to the point I was at.

biggrin.gif
Okay, I finally got it to do right byitself. I'm posting so if there is anything I can do better, you PLC God's
god.gif
can show me the way of the light (or dark side, however you look at it
wink.gif
)

Now the fun part (if it looks right to you all) is embedding into my current program!! Beware of double coil syndrome....

(goes looking for the liquor)
beerchug.gif

Okay, I got the alternate feed intergrated into my program.

If you would please review and give me any ideas on how I may improve upon it.

Thanks everyone for their help!

If you are ever in the Greenville, NC area give me a call and I'll treat you to the drink (or two) of your choice)

Last edited:
Hang in there Lionel, this is why PLC programming is fun, or not as the case may be! You are getting the same treatment the rest of have gotten in the past, with the one exception. We did not have the PLCs.net. Man, what I would have given for it about 25 years ago! I could have run the plant I worked for. This is cool stuff!

Lionel,

You have made progress. I looked at your last version. On Rung 001, you should delete the S:1/15 first Pass contact. You do NOT want to disable your Safety Relay after only 1 scan of the PLC! However you MAY use the First Pass bit to reset the Safety Light on the first scan (see attached R2).

Also, combine rungs 001 and 002 (Use the Safety Light output everywhere that you are using the Safety Relay). Delete Rungs 006 & 007. Use the Selector Switch inputs I:1/8, I:1/9 directly. I see no need for internal relay substitutes here. These serve merely to make the program longer and more complicated. Also delete rungs 008, 010, and 014, as shown in attached Revision 2. This does the same thing as your 16 rungs in only 11 rungs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I figured I was taking the long way on some of the things I was doing. I knew I had alot of extra internal relays, some of it was for my sake of slowing everything down so I could see it work step by step.

I still have along way to go, but it sure beats the one input, one output step I was at a while back.

Now I am trying to figure out what else I can do to this program. I know of one problem I have in it. I have that if the PE on the infeed belts are blocked for 5 seconds, stop the belts. I do not have away to start them again except by someone going over and move the product out of the way. I might install a push button to 'jog' the belts foward.

Once again, thanks for everyones input. The only way to get better is to have someone look over it! I am working on a panelview program for this also.

If you have any ideas of what I can put in it (new commands are more then welcome!) let me know!

Lancie1 said:
On Rung 001, you should delete the S:1/15 first Pass contact. You do NOT want to disable your Safety Relay after only 1 scan of the PLC!

Okay I am confused now.

I started looking over the program I wrote and the one Lancie1 did.

On Rung One of my version I have the S:1/15 Latching the Saftey Relay. The Only way to unlatch it is by pressing the reset button (which you have to do also if the E-Stop or Saftey cord is pulled). Wouldn't that be right? First Pass shouldn't disable it on the first scan correct?

saftey.jpg

IF S:1/15 is there then you can not latch it UNLESS you cycle power.

That is not proper English, the point being the only way you have to latch it after an ESTOP etc is power cycle. On some you could turn the key to Stop then Run but that makes things difficult.

Is the safety light meant to say ITS SAFE to do whatever....???

I dont understand the logic completely. On first pass if there IS NOT AN ESTOP OR PULLED SAFETY CORD then latch safety relay. This turns on the safety light. The reset will unlatch the relay and the light will go off. IT WILL NOT unlatch if an estop is pushed (or cable pulled). If you do press reset then you will have to cycle power to latch it again.

Last edited:
What I am trying to do is when power is applied to the machine (either for the first time, or after a power drop) for the saftey relay to be activated.

After that I want the E-Stop or Saftey Cord to work.

I am confused now...downloading your program now.

NOW I see the light...as Lancie stated its not necessary, B3/0 will not make unless ESTOP and CABLE are OK....its just redundant code.

Forget anything I say, listen to Lancie.

Last edited: