Rd Lion DSP not displaying most recent upload

BennieC

I have 6 Red Lion DSP units displaying PLC strings and data to 6 industrial LED screens.

After sending the .cd3 file from screen 2 to screen 6 as a test, the screen is now not showing the screen 6 data when the file is sent.

I'm able to extract the .cd3 screen 6 data when using extract, but the screen is still showing screen 2 data.

Is there something I'm missing when sending the .cd3 file that isn't transferring all of the needed data to update the screen information and layout?

Thanks.

I use Redlion HMIs, but it should be the same, sometimes it is worth creating and sending a brand new file to the system to completely remove the old database.
The Redlion system uses a Database Identifier to be able to recognise one Database from another, if you have used the same Database Identifier for all systems then the update will be confused. So my guess is that if the file for DSP2 has the same Database Identifier as DSP6 and DSP2 is newer than DSP6, it won't update. As I said at the top, the way to get round it is to copy a new .cd3 file to wipe out the existing one, and then reload the one you want.

I agree with the previous post. Assign a new database identifier when you compile.
Another thing I run into is if anything is stored on the compact flash card like a database written in structured text, you have to run Progname(); to force it to recognize the change.