Re-scale a flow meter in Intellution Fix 7.0

mureed

Hi every one,

I know this may sound pretty basic for some of you but I'm absolutly new to the intellution Fix 7.0 "SCADA". The software is runing on a Win 2000 machine. The question is I need to re-configure the range(or the scale) of a flow meter from 0-300 NH\L to 0-900 NH\L. I assume I need to do the same at the PLC level probably via the SCADA.

Can any one walk me though this exercise in step-by-step?
Thanks in advance.

Assuming your flow meter is coming back to an Analog input card(either 4-20ma or 0-10v whatever), You need to find out if you are scaling the value to engineering units in the PLC currently or bringing the raw value into the SCADA and scaling it there.
Here, 99% of our scaling is done in the PLC, If that's the case, no change will be required to the SCADA.

So find that out first.

The process is controlled by an OPTO 22 PAC system "Programmable Automation Controller". I opened the OPTO 22 Control cabinets and all I could see is punch of I/O cards and power supply. I could not see the controller board or at least there's no lable to refere to it. Now, there is no info or documents as to indicate where the scaling is done. In any case, assuming the scaling to engineering units is done at Intellution Fix software and If I need to make the change. i.e. increase the operating range of the folw meter to be 0-900 NL/H, I have to use the intellution Fix workstation to access the PAC system. There is no special PC or labtop to access the OPTO 22. The only PC is the one with the Intellution Fix software.

On the other hand, if the scaling is done in the PAC, what steps I need to do to configure the new range of flow meter?

Well, I don't know anything about the OPTO 222 gear.

Ok, So you've got a value displayed in Fix right? Right click and go to Draw mode. Then open up the properties on the display widget and determine what Block it is pulling the value from. Now, open up the Database Builder and find that Block. You should be able to determine if it gets scaled in Fix right from the Block properties.

You can scale the analog inputs in the Opto 22 PAC controller. You do this by loading the control strategy using PAC Control software. You will need to get the control strategy from the person who created the strategy. If you have the control strategy and need more help, you can contact Opto 22 Technical Support at [email protected] or 800-835-6786. Opto 22 technical support is free.

Which computer do I use to access the OPTP 22 Controller and do how do I hook it up. I do not need to change control strategy only reconfigure the range of the flow meter. No one here knows any thing about the PAC software. the IO cards seem to be daizy-chained and connected via a PC cable to a some PC board inside the Fix intellution PC.

In order to walk you through this, it will require more than we can cover in the blog. It would be best if we could discuss it over the phone Give us (Opto 22 technical support) a call at 800-835-6786.