Reading a USB RFID Reader Input on a AB PanelView Plus 1000

RobertStewart

Hi everyone,
I have been having some trouble with a project I am currently working on. The end user will have an RFID fob, which they swipe, and which will identify them to the HMI. The USB RFID reader however appears to work exactly the same as a USB keyboard (I can see the data stored on the fob if I have a text file open and active on my pc, then scan the fob). Is there anyway to have the HMI run a screensaver which will be stopped when the fob is swiped, and pass the fob code on for further processing? I have looked at trying to get textboxes, much like Visual Basic, and cannot find the control on FactoryTalk View to do this, but it has been suggested I try and just trap the input as it arrives. Can anyone help?

Thanks!