Reading flow on a 24hr period

I find it odd that despite the fact that you are already polling the totalflow directly in the wonderware, you would choose to use an analog input on a plc to read a flowrate, and then bring that flowrate into wonderware and try to calculate a previous day accumulated flow...

Im trying to be sincere here, but you are just creating a problem for yourself. I am all about using all the tool available, but you are turning a simple task into a exercise in futility.

Hello Diat150,

I appreciate your time & experience with this issue,
I realize you are the expert at these meters & I'm new
& trying to learn about them.
What I know as of today
1. the contract hour cannot be changed on our total flow meters, it runs from 12:00 to 12:00
2. I have a C_Accum_Vol register in the total flow (accumalted volume)
3. I have a PD_Vol register in the totalflow meter (Previous day volume)
4. I have a C_FLO_A register in the totalflow meter (current flow)

I apologize & by no means am I trying to make this more difficult than it should be.

So i'm relying on you for direction, now keep in mind when you say all I need to do is read the
total accumulated volume register
out of the totalflow. How would I do this? I would love to learn how to do this in detail.

also here when you said
your best bet would be to use the total accumalted volume from the totalflow. you could read this number at 10 am everyday and subtract the previous days reading at 10 am and get the exact amount of volume that passed thru the meter for the last 24 hours. that would be a really accurate representation, much more accurate than any calculation you do in the plc or wonderware.
How would I go about scripting this to extract the 10:00 to 10:00 reading from the C_Accum_Vol register from the totalflow since it is just a total flow for the life of the meter since it was installed? Also would this let me know say if we wanted to know at 3:00 that day what we had sent to our customer at that time?
I know some days with down time as problems occur we may be behind on what flow we are required to send them, so its nice to know were we stand on flow at any time of the day.

again thanks for your time & expertise
just trying to learn & do this the simplest way possible
the more detail you can give me the better,thanks

Hello Diat150,

I appreciate your time & experience with this issue,
I realize you are the expert at these meters & I'm new
& trying to learn about them.
What I know as of today
1. the contract hour cannot be changed on our total flow meters, it runs from 12:00 to 12:00
2. I have a C_Accum_Vol register in the total flow (accumalted volume)
3. I have a PD_Vol register in the totalflow meter (Previous day volume)
4. I have a C_FLO_A register in the totalflow meter (current flow)

I apologize & by no means am I trying to make this more difficult than it should be.

So i'm relying on you for direction, now keep in mind when you say all I need to do is read the out of the totalflow. How would I do this? I would love to learn how to do this in detail.

also here when you said How would I go about scripting this to extract the 10:00 to 10:00 reading from the C_Accum_Vol register from the totalflow since it is just a total flow for the life of the meter since it was installed? Also would this let me know say if we wanted to know at 3:00 that day what we had sent to our customer at that time?
I know some days with down time as problems occur we may be behind on what flow we are required to send them, so its nice to know were we stand on flow at any time of the day.

again thanks for your time & expertise
just trying to learn & do this the simplest way possible
the more detail you can give me the better,thanks

If this is something you have to turn over to your customer I would look at the archive records in the totalflow. I am sure that your customer would not want to accept a number that is not calculated by the meter. the hourly archive will give you the total flowed each hour, you can then take that and send to your customer. you can access these using pccu or winccu, which I am sure you are using if you are using tds.