Recipe Handling...Roll your own???

Kidblue

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had had a need to 'roll their own' recipes? My customer has a SLC 5/05 connected to a PV+1000 all on ethernet and then linked to his company network via a suitable router/switch etc.

We've recently introduced a data capture system using DDE (via Linx Single node) into MS Access then viewed via ASP pages over his intranet. So far, so good!
Currently, the recipes are handled/managed at operator level using Recipe Pro within Studio ME.

What he would like to do is move the management of recipes (in particular the creating of new recipes) up to the office level.
We've already established DDE read/write from (say) MSExcel, and all works fine.

My question is (eventually!:rolleyes: ), what is the neatest way of displaying the recipe data on the PV+1000, in particular a new recipe created? There will only be approx 100 recipes, each containing no more than 2-3 variables in each. Is there some sort of 'dynamic' list selector within Studio, or do i have to create multiple indicators and leave the unused ones blank?

Any ideas or feedback appreciated.

Thank you. (y)