Red Lion Communications

To add on to this Thread - Is anyone aware of documentation anywhere for the specific capabilities of the DevCtrl function?
I am working on a raw TCP/IP driver right now, and trying to understand what capabilities I have to set IP, determine whether or not the Port is open/active, etc. . .

Thanks,
-Greg

DevCtrl has no affect when using the Raw TCP driver. DrvCtrl can be used and below are the two modes supported.

Raw TCP/IP Active / Function 1 / Changes G3's Target Device IP address to a specified value
Raw TCP/IP Active / Function 2 / Changes G3's Target Device TCP Port to a specified value

Example: DrvCtrl(Port,Function,Value);

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm having a Red Lion DSPLE000 protocol converter on site to interface comms between an Allen Bradley L36ER CompactLogix, a S7-300 PLC...
Replies
Views
I've searched a bit about this topic but they are older threads that I suspect might not cover the tech that's available today. I have a client...
Replies
Views
I've got an encoder hooked up to a CUB5 and want to communicate with it from a G306A via RS232. I made two cables with pinouts per the G306A and...
Replies
Views
We just installed a new G315 on a piece of equipment after setting up our HMI via an additional test G315. Everything worked fine downloading the...
Replies
Views
I'm using a RedLion G3 with modules CSini8 and CSDIO14. It has a modem installed with an ATT sim card. A static IP address has been assigned. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom