Red Lion DSPLE000 protocol converter communications dropping out randomly

Anthony PLC

Hi all,

I'm having a Red Lion DSPLE000 protocol converter on site to interface comms between an Allen Bradley L36ER CompactLogix, a S7-300 PLC and 4 x Mitsubishi Q series PLC's which operate on MC protocol.

I've installed a Stratix unmanaged switch on site and plugged in the Red Lion converter and all the PLC's to respective ports on this unmanaged switch. I've created a database using the L5K Enhanced driver, instead of L5K, using Crimson 3.0 and downloaded that to the red Lion unit. I was told by Red Lion that using the L5K Enhanced driver should resolve comms drop outs which L5K fails to do.

The problem however still persists. The client's maintenance techs wired in a switch to power cycle the Red Lion DSPLE000 protocol converter whenever Comms drops out as it solves their problem. The fault actually occurs between the Red Lion converter and the Compactlogix PLC . Not sure what to do. looking for some guidance in this matter. Thanks in advance ...