Red Lion Crimson 3.0 Software Slowing Down

KP_EENG

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am currently converting a Maple Systems OIT program over to a Red Lion G308A210 OIT and using Crimson 3.0. The first thing that I did was add 179 tags into the tag database and then I started building the first few pages. I had been using Crimson 3.0 for about two hours when I noticed that switching between graphics pages was very sluggish. The pages would take several seconds to update, so finally I just restarted Crimson 3.0.

I am using a Dell Latitude E6400, so the computer speed and memory is not an issue. I am downloading the latest version of Crimson 3.0 hoping that this will resolve the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this issue.

Regards

I just used Crimson on a project that I am still working on. I have experienced this and I know others have as well. I know someone that has talked to Red Lion tech and they admitted the issue, but said they thought they fixed it already. They haven't. I am using the latest version and it still happens.

Also ..... MAJOR warning! If you developing for a Logix5000 application and are importing tags as an L5K file, DO NOT use the import feature that shows up in the oject windows. Only use the import on the PLC driver page. Every now and then it will Completely scramble all your tags.

Thanks for the response... I downloaded the latest version and am still experiencing the same issue. After about two hours of working with the software, the sresponse still gets sluggish.

Also, these are older machines with SLC 5/05 PLCs, but thanks for the heads-up with the L5K file import.

Regards

Also ..... MAJOR warning! If you developing for a Logix5000 application and are importing tags as an L5K file, DO NOT use the import feature that shows up in the oject windows. Only use the import on the PLC driver page. Every now and then it will Completely scramble all your tags.

And I would advise about a limitation in using the "A-B Native Tags via L5K file" driver as when you do, you cannot create a plc tag on the fly. You must export your L5K file from RSLogix 5K and then import that file in C3 each time you add tags in your plc if you want to use it in C3. A time consuming process while developing code.

Now if you use the "A-B Native Tag Addressing" driver, you can still import the tags from a file and also able to create a plc tag on the fly.

I noticed the same thing too.

I thought it may be due to the unlimited undo function.

It's not a major issue I just save and restart about every half an hour.

I noticed the same thing too.

I thought it may be due to the unlimited undo function.

It's not a major issue I just save and restart about every half an hour.

I agree that it is probably the unlimited undo. I have projects with over 2000 tags and since I don't make many changes at this stage of the projects, I don't have slowdowns.