Red Lion Crimson 3 Data Tags

Mike, I've been very busy this week, sorry for not sending you the file with the errors I promised. I guess you guys already got more samples, though. Anyways, I tried now again with a csv file where I removed all the addresses like S, U, MG, DFILE, etc., and I didn't get any errors.
Do you have an estimate on when the AB import dialog box will be ready?
Thank you!

. . .I tried now again with a csv file where I removed all the addresses like S, U, MG, DFILE, etc., and I didn't get any errors.

This would be a wise practice anyway, unless you want hundreds of extra tags within your C3 application that you will probably not use.

Paul

Here it is...

http://www.crimson3.com/redlion/r2/redlion/c3b205.exe

The server it is on isn't our main download server, so it might be a bit slow. The command you need is the Create Data Tags command on the device page. It's supported on all AB drivers that use N7:0 style addressing. Let us know what you find.
Mike,

What's the latest build R for Crimson 3.0? Is it 205 or 207?
I somehow remember mentioning a 207 build on this forum.
It is not listed on the Red Lion site under donwloads.
Still R200.
How long does it take to post the "latest and greatest" on your site?

207 is already there. I updated our shared drive software archive with it, updated my work desktop with it and carried it home on my thumbdrive and am using it now on my Vista Home 64 bit OS.

I am on a slow wifi ISP from my home in the boonies, so I am not going to try to find the link, but I think I just went to their HMI product page and found a link for C3.

Last night I read the Function Reference Manual found under Crimson 3.0
Help...Reference...

AWESOME

This afternoon, since the first day of Spring is 32 degrees, 8 inches of blowing snow and 4 more coming tonight, I am belly up, reading the whole User Manual.

THEY THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING.

I now understand that I can take a primitive and turn it into anything. Yep, I can't think of anything that I have seen on any other HMI system that can't be built from a primitive.

Not only is it all there, but based on what I understand so far (I am only half way through the User Manual, but I have converted one PB32 app and written one very simple app in C2), it appears that it will be very easy to create complex objects that are portable between apps, models, and languages.

AWESOME.

I don't think I need a PLC for my Hi-Speed Checkmate Checkweigher upgrade. I think a G306K could talk to the MT CPU directly and query it for net weights. The scale has a proprietary service tech protocol that enables some not-too-bad serial comms including checksum calculations, but C3 gives me all the tools!

I highly recommend reading the two manuals in the software under the Help menu before you build anything serious.

Paul

207 is actually posted on the update site, too, which is must quicker. That is what you will get if you download via Check for Update, or if you download from our website. Yes, I know the website still says 200, but for some reason the HTML didn't get updated last week when it should have done. Sigh.

http://www.crimson3.com/redlion/r2/redlion/c3b208.exe
Linkto build 208.
I'm downlading right now.
I have had some serious issues.
Crimson 3.0 build 207 quit respondng,so task manager did its job.When I rebooted and started crimson, a working project refused to co-operate.As soon as I hit display pages and the list of pages comes up, the moment i click on any page, crimson shuts dwn instantly.
Hoping 208 will take care of it.
I did a lot of work on that app, i do not want to start from scratch.

Could you email your Crimson 3 file (the one that crashes the software) to dany at redlion.net?

Regards,
Dan
Sure.
I renamed it and still does.
I just uninstalled 207, downloading 208 (hopefully with a fix for the large fonts on the pop ups0 and will try opening with the new build.

Dan,

the MLpc does crash the software instantly when i click on one of the pages (Display pages that is).
The XLpc was the app I worked on and renamed.
I believe there's only an image of it attached.

I just got done downloading the new build.
I'll install and see what happens.