Red Lion Crimson 3, Showmodal.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm trying to use the Showmodal function, but I can't make it work.
Could anybody show me a sample code that works?

Thank you!

Hello,

Below is the information from the Reference manual in Crimson.

Thanks
Jeremy

DESCRIPTION
Shows page name as a popup on the terminal’s display. The popup will be centered on the display, and shown on top of the existing page and any existing popups. The popup will not be removed and the function will not return until a call is made to EndModal(), at which point that value passed to that function will be returned by ShowModal().
Modal popups are used to implement user interface features such as yes-or-no confirmation popups from within a program. For example, you may wish to have the user confirm that a given file should indeed be deleted by your proceed with the delete operation. Modal popups make this easier, and involve the need to create complex state machines.

EXAMPLE
if( ShowModal(ConfirmDelete) == 1 ) { DeleteFile(OpenFile(“file.dat”, 1)); }

Thank you, Jeremy.
What are missing are clear instructions on how to use the EndModal, but I already figured it out.
In addition to that, I was calling the ShowModal code from indide the Trigger of the flag tag that was toggled by the button, not directly from the "User Defined" action of the button. ShowPopup was working from the same place, though.