Red Lion Crimson FTP

RBergmann

Trying to set up an FTP 'push' from several field installed Red Lion C306 HMI's (clients) to a computer (server) in the office. We set up the WAN IP on the remote HMI to direct the RL where it needs to FTP, identified the FTP port and configured the local router to port forward to a static IP on the LAN. Not seeing anything though.

Does anyone have experience with this set up? I can give more detail on what's been done so far.

Are you setting this up in Sync Manager in the communication section of Crimson?

Do you have a compact flash card in the HMI? You could turn on Record Log File and see what is happening.

The quickest test would be to go out to the field with a laptop, set the IP address of the laptop to be the same as the HMI, unplug the ethernet from the HMI and plug in your laptop and see if you can make an FTP connection using a client on your computer. If that works, then setting up the HMI should be just a matter of copying parameters over.

Make sure you have a valid username and password entered as well. If you do get a log file on the HMI post it back here so we can see what you're getting.

--Joe

I'm setting up with Sync Manager,have a CF card in the HMI, Record Log File is on and the data makes sense. I can review the data logs using a remote login with a browser and accessing the web server function of the HMI. I'm trying to set up the RL as an FTP client (as there are several) and the office desktop as the FTP server per the RL instructions. I did go to one of the local installations to access the FTP log file (using a direct USB connection) on the CF card. It's rather large and don't know if I should try and post the entire thing ... perhaps I can edit it down to the most recent data. I can see nothing obvious.

I'd be interested to see the log of one attempt to connect. You should be able to isolate it using the time stamps or, even easier, go out there and plug up with the USB. Delete the FTP.log file. Then make another attempt. Just one. The new log file will be small enough to work with.

Go ahead and post what you get.

Another question: Are you letting it do the automatic connections or are you using the FTP commands in a program somewhere?

--Joe