Red Lion DSPZR - Download via XCENET Card

jrexrode

I have a Red Lion DSPZR with the Ethernet option card (XCENET) installed. While I can access the unit's web page remotely using the address of the XCENET, I was wanting to perform uploads and downloads through this card too. I've setup the XCENET's address in the "Download" tab of the Network section and I've set the Link to TCP/IP, but attempts to extract the program fails.

Are there other settings that I need to change to make this work?

I have a Red Lion DSPZR with the Ethernet option card (XCENET) installed. While I can access the unit's web page remotely using the address of the XCENET, I was wanting to perform uploads and downloads through this card too. I've setup the XCENET's address in the "Download" tab of the Network section and I've set the Link to TCP/IP, but attempts to extract the program fails.

Are there other settings that I need to change to make this work?

Does the device contain a uploadable image?

Yes it does. I have no problems extracting / updating using the USB port.

Yes, you can upload via the second Ethernet port. Post the configuration if you want some additional help. The card will be Ethernet 2 and needs to be on a different network than Ethernet 1. Also, IP Download needs to be enabled under Remote Update. Set Unit Addressing to Auto Ethernet 2.

Again, if you have tried all this, post your configuration.

Got it. I needed to select the "Auto Ethernet 2" option in the Download tab. I had it selected to "Manual". I previously thought that selecting Auto Ethernet would cause it to auto select and IP address.

Thanks for the lesson.