Red Lion - Event driven text??

Brian@HCI

Hello all,

I tried searching the site for this topic but came up with nothing so here goes==>

What would be the BEST or easiest way to print a message to the Pop-Up screen DEPENDENT on an action in the tags or code?

For example - the error handler subroutine has to tell the user 1.) Which actuator has a problem and 2.) What problem we are dealing with and then 3.) Recommended actions. So as you can see the recommended actions are based on what the problem is and also which actuator we are talking about here.

Any suggestions how to do this? o_O

Also, just on the off note, how do you Pre-define string arrays with predetermined text?

Brian

You're on the right track.

1. Create string tag array, ex. Tag1, array of 16 strings
2. Create a function to populate your array values, inside of it will look like:
Tag1[0]="asdfafgwa";
Tag1[1]="asdafwafawfare";
and so on
3. In the "Pages" section, go to the Global tab, go to Global Actions, and put the name of your function in "On Startup"
4. Create a numeric tag that will serve as the index for your array i.e. set this tag to 3 if you want to show the 4th message in your array (array starts at 0)
4. On your display page, drag your Tag1 (or whatever you called it) onto the page, right-click, properties, and change Value in Data Source from "Tag1[0]" to "Tag1[yourindextaghere]"

OK So if I'm understanding you.....

Bullzi,

So you are saying create a Numeric tag? Just one or set it as an array? And then set the formats as to what to do with the different discrete states?

I noticed your states were classified in powers of 2 - is that necessary or can you simply use integers?

Sorry if this is asinine - I am new to Crimson so I haven't messed with this yet.

Brian

Yes that is exactly what you do. The tag I created referenced a Integer tag in the PLC.
That tag was used to set a First Out alarm. I would set a different bit in the INT based on the alarm that was presented. That is why I have the numbers jumping by ^2. You don't have to do that, you can use any integer you want.

If you need more help post back. There are a ton of great programmers on this site.

Bullzi...

Thanks for the help! That really is working well.... I will probably pick your brain later to see how to tie all that stuff into the alarms since I will have to do what you were doing as well.

I did try that and like Epy said - Crimson really makes everything SOOO much easier than the competition..... why have we been doing it the hard way for so long? I think I am a new fan of Red Lion!! (y)

I appreciate all the advise and it is great! Thanks a ton gentlemen!

Brian