Red Lion G3 and Modbus/TCP addressing to Moxa Iologik

stevesodzi

Hi,

I have problems reading data from a Moxa Iologik e1240 to a g3 hmi.

Data can be read from a 4-10ma inpuut up to a bout 50%. above that i get strange numbers.

I need some help

Thanks

Stevee

have tried those options but not giving me much joy.

I have not used your I/O hardware, but have configured many Redlion G31x Displays to communicate with various Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU devices and have been very pleased with the results.

Are you sure that you are starting with the correct register? Floating Points normally start with an odd numbered register, though I have seen some "odd" devices that start with an even numbered register.

If it isn't a byte swap issue and you have the correct starting register, I would look at the configuration of the I/O equipment rather than the Display.

Just a guess... under Treat As as part of the tag setup on the Redlion do you have Default or Signed Integer selected? If you choose Unsigned, does it improve?

Hi,

I realise this is an old thread, but I am having issues talking to an ioLogix using RedLion Modbus TCP/IP master. Steve, are you able to tell me what settings you used?

The moxa sees the connection from the RedLion, but the data comes back as n/a. I am writing to register 00001 and reading from register 30513.

Cheers,

Chris