Red Lion G3 - More questions

Hi Jeff, I have yet to find anything that won't operate in my XP VM yet. This is includeds RSLogix5000, Kepserver, FTalk, Step 7, WinCC, Cognex Software, Jokab Software, RedLion Software (outside of the Emulator), Unitronics Software, etc. And tons more really. I wouldn't think the driver would even know that it wasn't running on a 32 bit machine. at least that is what I thought the whole point of the VM was.

This is true. I have some old Pac Sci Servo Drives that I support. I have to use Windows 98 16 bit to talk to them and work on them. I have this in a VM machine. The only issue I had was making the USB Serial converter show up as Com 1. The Pac Sci would not allow any other Com port to be used.
Customer plans to upgrade one they deplete their supply of drives. Till then I keep my Win98 VM.

I like the G3 stuff. Have several customers sold on the product.

Have another customer trying to get hooked up. First attempt failed due to the recent not valid bug.

Trying again. Customer has a ML1100 with CCBB Powerflex 40 and C600. They don't like the system because, well, it is a piece of ****. What was A-B thinking?

Anyway, I have a G306A000 was gonna pop on there first thing in the morning. Figured I would just import the db, whip out the screens, and everyone would be happy! Wrongo_O

Addressing starts at x240:0 in the PLC program for the drive. Addressing stops at x223:9999 in the G3. I am in deep dodo for the moment. Got a bit of rework to do by 5AM.

Real question is, Any plans on fixing this issue?

Probably not this late on a Sunday.

So the drive stuff in the Micrologix is mapped to N224? Can you move it? Surely there is a spare data table or two with a lower number...

Using RSLogix500 search and replace offline, it should be pretty quick and painless.

Last edited:
Probably not this late on a Sunday.

So the drive stuff in the Micrologix is mapped to N224? Can you move it? Surely there is a spare data table or two with a lower number...

Using RSLogix500 search and replace offline, it should be pretty quick and painless.

Thanks Okie,
Sure, I can move it. Just did not want to. Planned on going fishing today, but other things came up as well.

I always get stuck with junk that don't work.

I'll just get up at midnight or so and fix it.

Right now, gonna look for the cast net and hit the North Pier in GH.

Real question is, Any plans on fixing this issue?

This is a limitation of our current driver. I will submit a request to have this limitation reviewed but it doesn't look like there will be a resolution that will help you on this project.

Thanks
Jeremy

This is a limitation of our current driver. I will submit a request to have this limitation reviewed but it doesn't look like there will be a resolution that will help you on this project.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy,

I readdressed the project and all is working fine. The gal at the customers is happy and will be using G3's on all future projects.

I'll be converting a few more connected component projects that use panelview component to G3 stuff.

Even got one going on my new fish tank (y)

Phil