Red Lion G304K2 Glass Durability

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

I have several Red Lion Kadet G304K and G304K2 terminals in service, and one particular client has now returned two of them with smashed screens.

The plastic overlay did its job; all the glass shards are contained inside. The terminal even powers up with some lines over the top half-inch of the screen, but doesn't accept touch input. I'm going to keep the busted units as testbeds for serial comms.

My question to the Forum is: have you had damaged glass on G304K or G304K2 terminals ?

Would you say they are more or less tough than other touchscreens you've used ?

Can you recommend a super-tough touchscreen terminal in the same class ?

Smashed_G304K2.png

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm having programs connecting to a G304K2 over Ethernet to transfer the screens. I know on the older models, you first had to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am trying to upload a database to a brand new one of these, using latest crimson 3 software.. this is the first time i've used one of...
Replies
Views
Red Lion Crimson3.0 buttons G304K2 The background image changes, and I see that you can Move the text on press. Is there any way to have the text...
Replies
Views
I have a Red Lion Cadet G304K2 HMI that I want to use to communicate with CompactLogix 1769-L30ERM using Ethernet/IP Is there a tutorial or...
Replies
Views
I have a G304K2 connected to an Allen-Bradley L16ER Compactlogix processor. When the two are connected everything works as it should for several...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom