Red Lion G310 Startup Issue

kbcombs

I am having a problem with a Red Lion G310 operator interface unit. I have apparently downloaded something that it didn't care for. When I power-cycle the unit, it appears to start normally but it gets stuck on a screen that says "STARTING SYSTEM" and just hangs there. Unfortunatley, it is Saturday and I can't call their Tech Support. Anybody have any suggestions such as a factory reset or anything like that. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the response, Stu. I had read the technote from Red Lion but that wasn't much help. I read thru the other thread you linked to and that gave me the idea to try to load a program into the G310 using Crimson2 instead of Crimson3. That worked! It loaded some older firmware (I think) and started working again. I then sent it what I needed in Crimson3 and it seems to have accepted it. Kind of annoying, but seems to be ok now. Thanks again for the response! I really appreciate it! Kyle.

If this happens again you can simply hold down the first two soft keys at power up and it will prompt you to clear the database.

Thanks
Jeremy