Redlion Crimson3.1 Output Mapping

paul.belix

Hello,
I am still learning crimson 3.1 programming and I need help on mapping the flag datatag to digital output expansion module. I am using a G07 graphite HMI and GMDIO expansion module. I have created a flag tag that switches on and off as per logic. I tried to map this flag tag to a digital output by using the trigger function and expression [ModuleAddress.Variable.Output1]=true. But with no result, the output stays off. Hope someone can help me out on this.
Thanks in advance for you time!

Hi Paul,
I too am new to Red Lion in general and C3.1 in particular but based on experience on other systems I don't think you need to use Events at all for this.
I've mapped my DIO to Data Tags as per the screen images attached. I assume you have defined your GMDIO module in the I/O Modules section and given it a name?
In my system I have a GMDIO14 named Module9. Then in Data Tags I made tag folders my GMDIO module (Module9 in this case) and a subfolder for each actuated valve. Then defined two flag tags for opened and closed position switche inputs (ZSH and ZSL) and one flag tag for the solenoid valve output (OPN).
Open the 'Source' box and select your DIO module. In the pop-up box, select 'Variable', 'Outputs' and the desired output point.
When that's all done the output should turn on whenever your logic sets the output tag to TRUE (in my case 'Module09.FV02a.OPN' - which is mapped to a local variable in my control logic called 'FV02aOPN').
Now I haven't actually tried this as I don't yet have approval to buy my Graphite hardware but I'm pretty confident this will work. Others may be able to confirm or deny!

Crimson 3.1 DIO Tags 1.jpg Crimson 3.1 DIO Tags 2.jpg

I tried to map this flag tag to a digital output by using the trigger function and expression [ModuleAddress.Variable.Output1]=true.
Looking at your query again, I think the syntax above may not be correct. Looking at the way DIO are tagged, perhaps it should read [Module Address.Varaible.Outputs.Output1]=true ?? But I still believe the direct mapping of IO to a Tag is the better way...