RedLion Graphite 15" HMI

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I would like to know if anyone here has used the new(er) RedLion Graphite HMI (G15C0000), along with the GRAPHITE MODULE HSPA+ MODULE (GMHSPA00). I am getting ready to start a project that involves a system in a very remote area, no cell phone towers nearby. I need to have real time data and monitoring capabilities from our plant. We already know we do not have cell service available, near this remote site. Also, this site is unmanned, adding to the complexity.
I have worked with RedLion HMI's for years and love them. We have G315C's all throughout the plant. The information provided above is what RedLion recommended. I was told they will work however, there is no better advertisement than folks that actually use the products, day in and day out. The other bit of information I can't seem to locate is processor speed. I am sure it's probably posted, I just can't find it. Hey thanks for whatever input you may have. 🤞🏻

Without cell service, the GMHSPA will not be able to function. You may need to look into a satellite connection of some form to be able to monitor this remote location.

As far as the Graphite CPU, it is 800MHz.

Regards,
Dan

Without cell service, the GMHSPA will not be able to function. You may need to look into a satellite connection of some form to be able to monitor this remote location.

As far as the Graphite CPU, it is 800MHz.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks much Dan! Now, does RedLion sell something that can be used with satellite connection? Thank you

What is the distance and what is the topography like between sites?

Please further define "real time data and monitoring capabilities".
How much data, and how close to real time does it have to be?

What is going to happen if communication is lost between the two sites?

What is the distance and what is the topography like between sites?

Please further define "real time data and monitoring capabilities".
How much data, and how close to real time does it have to be?

What is going to happen if communication is lost between the two sites?

I am working on getting answers to all of what you asked, as I am not entirely sure yet.