Redlion Graphite Touchscreen Problems

jrbrew

I installed a new G07 Graphite today and the touch screen is not behaving very well. It doesn't matter how I touch the screen. It may or may not react. Jeremy from RL asked if I had a USB cable plugged in and I do not. I installed the latest firmware, no change. It is connected to a Automation Direct PLC and a Automation Direct Stepper Drive on the two serial ports. It acts like some other process is preventing the unit from detecting the screen inputs.

is it serial or E/net
what is the Baud rate if it is serial?
what happens if your have an indicator programmed ON all the time.

More Info

I am not using ethernet.

On the programming serial port I am talking to the Click PLC. It is setup as a Modbus Master. 38400, 8, 1, Odd

The other comms port is setup as a Raw Serial Port to talk to the Stepper Driver using SCL commands. 9600, 8, 1, None

I already had a few indicators that were always one, if I understand what you mean by an indicator.

I unplugged both serial cables and the response of the touch screen seemed to get better. However, I cannot operate that way.

If you mean the HMI port is 9600 - that is very slow and would be the cause of your issues. Most HMI's have issues below 19.2K
I would suggest the HMI be connected to the 38K port

Modbus - (I have used, but not that familiar) I think is limited to 9600.

I have not programmed the 'Click' PLC

If you mean the HMI port is 9600 - that is very slow and would be the cause of your issues. Most HMI's have issues below 19.2K
I would suggest the HMI be connected to the 38K port

Modbus - (I have used, but not that familiar) I think is limited to 9600.

I have not programmed the 'Click' PLC

Just to clarify, Modbus is not limited to 9600, though the particular PLC he is using may have a slow Modbus port.

I have done Modbus at 115,200 - it all depends on the capability of the PLC or other device.