Reducing inertia impact

aand74

We have a servomotor with gearbox (i=+-20) driving a big steel disc. This disc has a high inertia.
Are there mechanical compensation methods for the inertia of the disc? I know motor and gearbox have to be right sized, but I want to know what you can do strictly on the mechanical side to reduce inertia of the load that is seen by the gearbox.
Well understand that the disc itself may not be changed at all.

Gearing is the only real mechanical compensation. You can also get a bigger motor. You can upsize the motor to get a better inertia ratio, but you don't always need to upsize the drive if you don't need the extra torque. Depending on what you are doing with this, 20:1 might be controllable. Gentle moves only, though.

Similar Topics

I am deciding on components for a bayed modular enclosure containing multiple VFDs (480V/350A/321Hp each) for a dynamometer. I am concerned given...
Replies
Views
Hey, I am working on a project that is a bit more involved than past ones I have done. It will be using a CompactLogix PLC, and I'm using Studio...
Replies
Views
I have an application where I need to reduce the travel of an actuator and also double the force. How can you do that manually, without the help...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Wondering if I can have your honest (and brutal) feedback on a PDF guide I'm creating for my customers. The intent of it is to help...
Replies
Views
Hi.. I want to know something about Pressure Reducing valves & pressure regulating valves. I understand their purpose. But wanted to know whether...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom