RELAY LOGIC FOR counter value comparison([C1 - C2 ]>= 10)

anoopta47

I am working with Mitsubishi A series PLC. I need to execute the logic for counter value comparison ([C1 - C2 ]>= 10). C1 & C2 are two independent counters. I need to produce an out put whenever the difference of the two count values greater than / equal to an integer ( Say 10).

Please help me????
:cry:

Anoopta,

First do the subtraction: set new variable to be D = C1 - C2.
Then do the comparison: If D >= 10, then DO SOMETHING by turning on an Output.

Anoopta,

First do the subtraction: set new variable to be D = C1 - C2.
Then do the comparison: If D >= 10, then DO SOMETHING by turning on an Output.
Dear Lancie,
There is no inbuilt operator for " >= " in Mitsubishi A series PLC. That is why I asking for the " RELAY LOGIC " to execute ([C1 - C2 ]>= 10).

Regards
Anoop

Last edited:
Oh, well. I suppose CMP does not count as an inbuilt comparison operator in Mitsubishi A series PLC? Who would have ever imagined that?

The A Series is now defunct & replaced by the Q.
I never understood why they did not create an in-line compare I suppose it goes back quite a few years when most Japanese PLC's had the result bits

Which A series are you using? i have used most of the A and A1S cpus and they all support ">="

i just opened a project for A and A1S and created the following

-||----------[- C1 C2 D0]-

-[>= k10 D0]--------()---

I am working with Mitsubishi A series PLC. I need to execute the logic for counter value comparison ([C1 - C2 ]>= 10). C1 & C2 are two independent counters. I need to produce an out put whenever the difference of the two count values greater than / equal to an integer ( Say 10).

Do want to output when the difference between of the counts is greater or equal to when counter #1 exceeds counter #2 by ten or more ([C1 - C2 ]>= 10)?

If you want the former then don't forget you have to check both ([C1 - C2 ]>= 10) and ([C1 - C2 ]<= -10).