Relay output module SM 322 contacts not closing

minerman

Hello,

I have a new relay output module, SM 322. When I switch the relays on in my progrmaming, no lights on the PLC light up. The relays do not close. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a new relay output module, SM 322. When I switch the relays on in my progrmaming, no lights on the PLC light up. The relays do not close. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Is the SF LED on or Off ?
Have you connected L1 and N (to terminals 1, 10, 11, 20)
Have you set the correct address in the hardware config?

Is the SF LED on or Off ?
Have you connected L1 and N (to terminals 1, 10, 11, 20)
Have you set the correct address in the hardware config?

SF Light is Off
L1 & N are only connected to 1 & 20. Manual does not show them connected to 10 or 11.

Yes, I have set the Q address in the HW config to 4. I am monitoring the outputs in the HW config and it shows them on.

L1 & N are only connected to 1 & 20. Manual does not show them connected to 10 or 11.

Yes, I have set the Q address in the HW config to 4. I am monitoring the outputs in the HW config and it shows them on.

What is the exact part number for the SM 322 that you are using.

What is the exact part number for the SM 322 that you are using.

Relay output module SM 322; DO 8 x Rel. AC 230 V/5 A;​
(6ES7322-1HF10-0AA0)

Actually, this module doesn't have an SF LED. When I view it in the HW config, the status is: "Module available and o.k."

If it helps, this is communicating via a IM153-4 remote module. Although, I don't think this is a problem as I have a regular output module in the same rack that is working fine.

Here is my exact wiring:

1: +24VDC
2:
3: Output Wire
4: +24VDC
5:
6:
7:
8: Output Wire
9: +24VDC
10:
11:
12: Output Wire
13: 120VAC
14:
15:
16:
17: Output Wire
18: 120VAC
19:
20: 24VDC Neutral
21:
22:
23: Output Wire
24: 120VAC
25:
26:
27:
28: Output Wire
29: 120VAC
30:
31:
32: Output Wire
33: 120VAC
34:
35:
36:
37: Output Wire
38: 120VAC
39:
40:

Absolutely no lights are on, on this module.

Last edited:
Drrimis.jpg

If it helps, this is communicating via a IM153-4 remote module. Although, I don't think this is a problem as I have a regular output module in the same rack that is working fine.

Your wiring looks ok compared to the manual.

Check the hardware config, recompile and download again

sm322.jpg

Your wiring looks ok compared to the manual.

Check the hardware config, recompile and download again

I just did this. Still not working. :(

I have no lights, so I thought maybe it would be the supply power or possibly the module is not seated properly. However, I think I've ruled out both. I measured 24vdc with a meter and I have other modules on both sides of this module working properly.

Last edited:
Well, after hours of troubleshooting, I have solved the problem! :p

The terminal base was secured down enough. Despite removing and reseating the base several times, the connection was never good enough. There's a screw in the middle of the base, that needs tightened down to secure the connection. The wiring to the module had covered up the screw and I wasn't even aware it existed until now.

Well, that only took about 4 hours. lol

Thanks for your help guys!