1794-OA16 Relay output module off-state voltage

bigLee

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the off state voltage of the channel for this module? I have it wired up according the page 14/15 of this manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1794-in103_-en-p.pdf

When energized I get 120VAC L1 to L2. When de-energized it drops to 117/118 VAC.

Is this normal? Seems like that would still keep equipment connected to that channel powered.

I haven't tested with relays yet but figured I'd throw it out there to see what anyone thinks.

Thanks for any information.

An OA16 output is not a relay output it's a triac (Solid State)
for relay it should be OW
relays don't have an off state leakage

That's not really true. Off state leakage with a relay output is less than with a triac output though, since it is caused by leakage through a surge suppressor installed in parallel with the relay contact -- typically an MOV.

Mickey, thanks for the info. Thanks everyone. Just tested some pilot lights and a conveyor and everything works as with the 1771 module.

Thanks again!

As long as the lights are incandescent, LED's might be a problem with solid state outputs (leakage).

As long as the lights are incandescent, LED's might be a problem with solid state outputs (leakage).

This is true. I had LED pilots running on a triac card. It was just what I had laying around at the time. I want to say I added a 1K resistor to keep the LED from glowing dim when off.