Remote access to PLC: e_won vs. Secomea?

khelza

Hi guys, I have been narrowing down my selection for a remote router for remote programming accessibility.

My top two choices are:
- e_won 141 or flexy
- Secomea SiteManager 1149

• e_Won seems to have a more intuitive, visually appealing user interface
  • Both seem to take ~30 to setup or less.
  • Neither require involvement from IT department
  • Secomea is the only to pass a security audit and not be vulnerable to different bugs and vulnerabilities
  • Secomea uses certificate authentication with login, whereas e_won uses a login and sends a pin # to your mobile for further authentication.
  • I have only been able to test out the Secomea unit, which seemed to have great response time when in the same building, but have not tested from another location.
  • I saw a demonstration of the e_won which was accessing a network that was hundreds of miles away and noticed a bit of lag in the response time.

Anyone have experience with either of these or both? Feedback or insight would be greatly appreciated! đź“š

You'll see E W O N mentioned here fairly often, I have not heard of the other one. E W O N is harder to search since it is blocked by the filters here.

I have used E W O N and was happy with it, but at the time it was re-branded as a Spectrum Controls unit. They now have created their own. These products seem like a dime-a-dozen now. Recently have used the Phoenix Contact mGuard, really liked that solution but more difficult to setup primarily for security certificates and such. The have options for direct hardware VPN connections or through the 'cloud' so it's pretty flexible.

Good luck choosing!

I have not seen E won in action but I have seen Secomea, it is very easy and versatile.

All GE QuickPanel+ HMI units come with the Secomea Industrial Gateway through which one can connect to all Ethernet devices on the same network as the HMI for monitoring and editing.

Well I only use Secomea. Very easy to setup. Using Unity pro you will notice a lag.
Like the fact that its all web based. No special software needed

We have used the E W O N solution quite a number of times connecting to machines in Europe, USA, China and Russia.

From what I've seen of it, the software tools in use have a very large influence on the performance depending on how much data transfer is required. Logix5K can take up to 30 minutes to go online and generally performs slowly while the Siemens programming tools seem to behave almost normally over the E W O N link.

I might take a look at the Secomea product, I'd be interested to see a comparison of performance between the two systems.

Nick