remote communication with micro 1400

hoosier man

Hello, I Have A Allen Bradley 1400 That I Would like To Remotely Communicate With. WI-FI IsAvailable On The Remote End. I Don't Want To Use Any Type Of Pay Service ToGet This Done, I Just Want The Up Front Hardware Cost. Any Help, Would BE Greatly appreciated

Right, who's network is it... If it is a corporate, or has any existing infrastructure at all, you will probably need to arrange access through their IT department... (lottery....)

If it's standalone (PLC PV+ and router only...), becomes a bit easier... The best way I have found is to use a VPN router. On connecting with an appropriate client from your PC, you can access all devices on the remote network... Can be a single box, or if there is already a router, can sit a VPN router behind.

Couple of gotchas... Need a static public IP address on the internet (or subscribe to a DNS service to find..) and need to set the PLC & PV+ default gateway to the router internal IP.

Bit more to it than that, but not much...

Subnets... cant have the PLC @ 192.168.1.10 and have your pc remotely 192.168.1.11...

make sure 1 of the 1st 3 octlets is different.., ie PLC is 192.168.0.10 & your laptop is 192.168.1.11

Last edited:
Subnets... cant have the PLC @ 192.168.1.10 and have your pc remotely 192.168.1.11...

make sure 1 of the 1st 3 octlets is different.., ie PLC is 192.168.0.10 & your laptop is 192.168.1.11

Do not worry about this as they will be assigned an IP address relative to each local gateway.