Remote controls

The next pump is 6 miles away.
The next pump is 300 yards farther.
The next pump is 300 yards farther.

We have dedicated phone line between them all.

Dedicated phone lines isnt same as LEASED LINE..say what you mean.

What type of connection is available on the LEASED LINE? Is it T1 or Ethernet capable? I can NOW assume it it BECAUSE NOW you are talking about using Ethernet components...was that information given in the original post? NO

As for AB, I dont care what you use...AB was an example that I used because I know you are familiar with them. Seems to me the pump control part should be easy...its setting up communication.
OR
Did you NOT mention that the PUMPS are more than an on/off application? Therefore need some elaborate (something smarter than a plc) mechanism to control them?

Using leased lines that are setup for Ethernet capabilities (the wires used dont mean much, phones are limited by regulations which limits data but leased lines dont suffer from that issue. Its possible to split leased lines and have voice and data OR have 1 high speed connection...T1 is possible @ 1.544 mbs, more than likely you have fractional T1 which at the low end is 64 or 128kbits per second.

The setup shouldnt be much different than the one you mentioned you have done.

BTW not to use Carlo Gavazzi is good idea I hed lot of problem
with there equipment in the past.
If I have to use there equipment I very careful.

Dont waste your money on T1 lines at that short a distance. If you have your own copper between the two points go witht the short hauls. It may be a bit on the slow side but this is not industrial automation its only a few pumps. If you only have dial up availble there are modems that will force dial a connection if it gets disconnected, Not very clean but it works