Remote Internet connection using RSLinx to connect to a CLX

At work I have a Backplane with a ControlLogix Processor, 1756-ENBT Ethernet card and a PanelView Plus all connected to a switch located in the panel.

At Home I have my laptop with ContolLogix 5000 software v16.0, RSView Studio v5.0 and RSLinx v2.52.00.17 with a Professional and Gateway activation.

Basically what I need is to connect to the 1756-ENET card located at work from my laptop at home so I can get online with ControlLogix Processor.
So my work has a router that connects to the Internet. If I take a cable from the Internet Rounter and plug it into the switch in the Panel where the PLC is located will I be able to get online with the Processor.
Do I just have to configure a EtherNet/IP Driver using Browse Remote Subnet?

Not sure what RSLinx Gateway can do for you? Correct me if I am wrong anyone is RSLinx Gateway purpose so you can connect remotely to another PC running RSLinx. Then go through that PC(RemotePC at work)to Navigate to the PLC Network using anyone of the drivers setup. Great Question...

IMHO the most secure way is to have a PC on site that you can take control of (RDP/VNC/PC anywhere etc).

Setup a VPN into your office network and away you go. Of course, if you set up a VPN, you don't really need the PC, just makes it more secure if your link from home to site falls over.