replace send_all and receive_all with ag_send and ag_rec

adkot

Hello everyone,

I have an older S7 315 CPU that has a 4-port ethernet switch on it that talks to an industrial PC/HMI (old, unknown software on it).

The old program uses the synchron block and the send_all / receive blocks as seen in the attached in the blocks OB1 and OB100.

Since we do not have the original program, when pulled from the old PLC, there are no netpro settings. In fact, a CP343 does not even show up.

I am upgrading to a 318 CPU with an integrated CP343 and it can no longer do send_all/rec_all and I've been told I need to replace with AG_SEND and AG_RECV.

It makes no sense to me since the send_all does not point to a DB and AG_Send needs a DB.

It's a real simple setup, but I don't know how to integrate the new CPU.

Any help in pointing me in a direction. Or at least getting me to ask better questions... because I'm not a programmer but am fairly familiar with the hardware.

Thank you

file size

The file size is too big and I can't reduce it to 300kb. šŸ™ƒ

Either way, it doesn't show much. Just that send_all/rec_all and synchron are used. Nothing else.

To me it sounds like the 315 was running a converted S5-program and the synchron/send_a/recv_a are very likely empty dummy modules.

But, one can't be sure, so could you extract these blocks and their calling blocks and post just that?

Kalle

got it

ok, was able to get the pdf converted to individual jpgs that should work.

There's a network on a 6th page, but it doesn't look important.

OB1andOB100 pg1.jpg OB1andOB100pg2.jpg OB1andOB100pg3.jpg OB1andOB100pg4.jpg OB1andOB100pg5.jpg