Replacement for 1761-NET-ENI?

alive15

Good afternoon guys, does anyone recommend a direct replacement part for Allen Bradley's 1761-NET-ENI devices? We have a lot of these in our plant which are mainly used to communicate between SLC 5/03 PLCs to an unmanaged ethernet switch.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I've used the prosoft one before. It has a couple issues with PLC5 uploads. Prosoft got a firmware hot fix for me on one upload issue. They work fine and are reliable, just make sure you are on the latest firmware. For uploads it helps to disable concurrent connections.

I use it for DF1 now after getting them to fix a deadly bug thereby creating V10 of their FW :), Works really well for the last couple years now.

Lol, mine was v9 (1.003.009) for not being able to download to a PLC5.
I see there are some newer firmware since the last.tome I checked. Next opportunity I will update mine.

Mine was a DF1 specific problem around packet reassembly. Now that it works, It works perfectly talking to around 35 PLC-5/20's over serial radio. But I'm not downloading anything so your mileage may certainly vary.

There's this one:

https://www.plccable.com/allen-brad...s-d-aftermarket-replacement-ethernet-for-df1/

I've never used it, but I trust the guy who is selling them.

I have used this one, but it's been about ten years ago:

https://www.digi.com/products/netwo...ectivity/industrial-hardened/digioneiapfamily

It's more of a general purpose industrial serial to ethernet bridge so setting it up for Allen Bradley protocols is a bit more involved.

On the one from PLCCable.com, is that one created by Allen Bradley, or is that one made by PLCCable? And can I use BootP to configure that one, like how I do the 1761-net eni?

Thanks for all the info guys

It says on the bottom of their website it is made by them. Looks like there is a manual to the Allen Bradley one, so assuming it works the same.

It says on the bottom of their website it is made by them. Looks like there is a manual to the Allen Bradley one, so assuming it works the same.

I don't have any first hand knowledge myself, but the guy who runs that site is a forum member here (geniusintraining) and if he linked to the A/B manual, then that is likely the case. Also the review seems to indicate the same thing.