Replacing a PowerFlex 70 with a 525 using Profibus, help please!

Profibussin

After replacing the 70 with the 525, the PLC can read from the drive and recognizes it as online, but no commands are being listened to.

• PLC is a CTI 2500-C400.
  • PowerFlex 70 uses the 20-COMM-P adapter.
  • PowerFlex 525 uses the 25-COMM-P adapter.
  • Parameters set in the drive have been confirmed by Rockwell TechConnect, as well as a third-party local integrator.
  • The 525 sends a status word of 3332 to the PLC:
    Bit 2: Forward
    Bit 8: At Reference (speed)
    Bit 10: Controlled by Active Com (Operation Command)
    Bit 11: Parameters locked​

• PLC code to stop and start the drive. 17 to stop the drive, 18 to run the drive: *See PLC Code.png*
  • Profibus configuration for the 70: *See 70_ProfibusConfig1.png & 70_ProfibusConfig2.png*
  • Profibus configuration for the 525: *See 525_ProfibusConfig1.png & 525_ProfibusConfig2.png*

I believe the issue lies in the GSD files and the associated modules that are inserted for the Profibus configuration. The 70 only uses two modules (as seen above in the screenshots) while 525 uses three. Now when the modules are compacted, it results in the same input words (WX617-620) and output words (WY621-624) - but clearly my PLC to 525 commands are not being received. I tried to modify the GSD file for the 525 which allowed me to use the exact same modules as the 70, but then the PLC wouldn't recognize the drive.

I have confirmed the drive works as I can run it from the HIM.

Any ideas?

PLC Code.png 70_ProfibusConfig1.png 70_ProfibusConfig2.png 525_ProfibusConfig1.png 525_ProfibusConfig2.png

I was able to get the drive to work. The issue was the endian bit on the 25-comm-p adapter. I flipped it from 0 to 1 (little endian to big endian) and the drive started working! Interestingly enough, it works with the powerflex 70 GSD file despite running the powerflex 525!