Requesting help with Logging on Red Lion G310c

kkranz

Hello all! I'm new to Red Lion and I'm trying to set up a new G310c to log variables to a usb drive ultimately. I've followed the manual and I'm not having any luck so far and figure I'm doing something wrong. I'm told this is a good place to ask for help,so I thought I'd try.
Thanks, Kev

You will need to log the a CF card first. Then you can have the logs automatically transfer to the USB stick when you plug it in. Do you have a CF card installed in the unit?

Regards,
Dan

Dan, Thanks for responding, I think I've got it working now I'm pretty sure the USB stick I was trying to use is formatted for Fat 32. I'm also struggling with the LogSave() function It would be nice to be able to press a button and have the HMI save the logs to CF then insert the USB and it would copy to it.
I don't know much about writing scripts, can you recomend a source for learning aid?
Thanks Kev

You shouldn't need any scripting for that, you can just use that function in the On Pressed field of a button with a user defined action.

There is some example code in the C2 manual, as well as some example databases on our website. If there is something specific you want to do, I can write an example on how to do it.

Regards,
Dan

Dan,
I'm not near my screen now but at least the software lets me enter it so I'm sure it will work.
I was trying to use Operation (Push Button),Button Type(NO Momentary), then trying to enter LogSave() into Button Data= NO workie:)
May I ask, can I cause a problem by executing LogSave() if the hmi might be ready to start writing, or actually writing?

Keep up the good work, I think you folks are doing an awesome job!
Thanks, Kev

Dan,
Thanks I've got it working sort-of. It won't work with a new 4 gb usb drive formatted for fat 16, but will on an older 1 gb. Is their a gb limit on the usb drive?

Thanks, Kev

Dan,
I'm confused I'm unable to find a FormatDrive Function in either Crimson 2 or Crimson 3, I see FormatCompactFlash function but I'm sure that isn't going to format the usb drive.
Thanks,Kev

Sorry, I was looking at the new (will be in the next release) version of the reference manual. You can use: FormatDrive('D') to format the USB stick.

Regards,
Dan

Dan,
Works like a charm, no fair holding out on the fresh reference manual. :)
If you would be so kind as to help me set up a "gateway" of sorts.
Using Modbus RTU with a PLC as address # 1 and a VFD as address # 2 I desire to have the hmi read register (example "40200") from the VFD and store the value in register (example "40200") in the plc, and the hmi to be able to utilize the variable also.
Thanks again, Kev