Reset compactlogix L30er

Saavedra

Good evening.

I´m trying to change the IP of a configured compact logix l30er, unfortunately i don´t have the USB cable and I have no idea of it´s current IP address. i don´t mind about the info it currently has, so ´m trying to reset it using a small hole it has just under the ren/rem/prog switch, but was unsuccessfull. How can I reset it?

My intent is reset it and assign an IP address to it using bootp.

for the info, thanks.

IF it has an IP address assigned to it you should be able to just plug into the Ethernet port and then configure a EthernetIP Driver in RSLinx.

Since this will be the only device you are plugging into. (Its not plugged into a network) then the only IP address that will populate in the driver should be the IP of the CompactLogix you are working on.

Works very well for finding unknown IP Addresses

BCS

You are talking about using a driver with ethernet/IP driver, right?
Does this work even if I don´t know in what network is it?
For example I have 192.168.1.240, but don´t know any of the numbers for the compactlogix.

Hmmm,
I am not sure if your laptop will need to be in the same range or not.......
Its worth a shot though, will only take 2 minutes to try.

I have one on my bench that I can test it out on if need be.

I am testing it right now, didnt work. To my knowledge, IP driver only works if the first 3 numbers match, if you are in the same network.

I want to configure a panelview plus 1250 as well, but I believe once i have the network for one, finding the other one will be easier.

If I'm not mistaken, the L30 should have a USB port on the front of it that would allow you to connect and see the properties as well as the configured IP address.

Will.

To reset the compact logix in my experience , you have to press the reset microswitch as you did HOLD it pressed AND at the same time cycle the power, and after that you should have an empty CPU.
Good luck!