Factory Reset - CompactLogix 5380 (5069-L310)?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I want to factory Reset my 5380 (5069-L310) I have here in home lab.

Reason being I want to make a Internal How-To video for Setting the IP addresses, Flashing the Firmware, and Loading our Default Program on to the PLC etc.

Anyone know how to do this?

Would I need to flash it back to a Firmware V1 image? if so are those available?

1. Power down the controller
  2. Open the door on the front and remove the SD card
  3. Press and hold the reset button. A paper clip works well here
  4. While still holding the reset button, reapply power and continue to hold the button
  5. Once the display reads Factory Default, release the button
  6. Power the system down

I remove the SD card in case there is an existing application stored on it. I take that to my PC and reformat it. Then once reformatted, I reinstall it and power up the CPU. It will act like a new out of the box controller.

OG

1. Power down the controller
  2. Open the door on the front and remove the SD card
  3. Press and hold the reset button. A paper clip works well here
  4. While still holding the reset button, reapply power and continue to hold the button
  5. Once the display reads Factory Default, release the button
  6. Power the system down

I remove the SD card in case there is an existing application stored on it. I take that to my PC and reformat it. Then once reformatted, I reinstall it and power up the CPU. It will act like a new out of the box controller.

OG

Sweet dude, I'll give it a go