Factory reset M241

phonoplug

Hi all, I've read the thread below which is similar to my situation...
https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=127711

But I am unable to log into the webserver as its saying my credentials are invalid no matter what I try.

So what I really want to to is completely erase EVERYTHING in the PLC as if it was new from the factory. I have already reloaded the firmware via SD card but some settings from the original application still remain when I load that back in too.

Is there some hardware function to completely erase everything on it? I'm fine with opening it up if needs be to access a link or reset switch or something.

Has it got any passwords in it?

I think they have to be sent back to Schneider to get into them wiped if you don’t have the passwords. That seems to be the case with the bigger stuff. I think you also have to prove it’s yours.

I might be wrong….

Andy

I don't use M241 but from my experience with M221, loading firmware is not enough to reset the application password. Firmware being the part created by Schneider, application being the part you programmed in Machine Expert. You should trying loading a fresh application with no or known password via SD card and see if that does it.