RESET MSG instruction on Clx

jorgeGal

Hi again!
I have a MSG instruction in al Clx which doesn´t want to do a CIP write into another Clx. I´m sending an INT value. How may I reset the instruction? I is stoped although the timer output activates it. I´m using other MSG instructions and they work together normally.

BR

Jorge

Is this the same controller you posted about last week for which you were unable to get a CIP Connection to go online ?

It sounds to me like you have exceeded the Connection capacity of the controller.

Use the built-in Web pages of the 1769-L32E to get an idea of how many connections you have active.

I can't tell you how to 'optimize usage' without knowing more about your system.

You may simply have put too much I/O on Ethernet. Or you might have connected too many PanelViews. Or your CompactLogix might just be undersized for the amount of communications you need to do.

Start with counting up the I/O connections. If you don't have enough capacity in the CompactLogix to service your I/O, then you need a different controller.

Then describe how the SCADA or HMI systems connect to the controller.

Then examine your Messaging.

Ok, I will check deeply my programm, I have only one PanelView. I have seen several unused MSG instructions which fetch KVAH from Vfds... I will start there.

Another thing you may want to look at is the .EN_CC bit on the message structure. If the bit is high it maintains the connection for the associated message. You may be able to set this bit low so it drops the cached connections when it is finished using them. This may help your connection count and allow you to stay under the limit depending on how your logic is written. As a note when the connected is not cached it will take longer to complete the message because it has to recreate the connection every time the message is executed.