Resume help

bulletin blues

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am missing one general course (humanities) for an A.A.S. Degree in Industrial Electricity. It has been several years since I have taken any courses, and the college requires me to be in school for 2 semesters to receive the degree. So at minimum, it will be approximately 9 months before I can officially put A.A.S. on my resume. I agree with the requirements of the college, however, I have also received 26 credit hours of course work that is "unrelated" to the degree, such as computer programming and robotics. Is there a way that I can phrase this on a resume to say "I don't have the degree, but I have taken 26 hours of course work other than the humanities course and you should glance up at the experience rather than tossing this in the trash because you don't see DEGREE listed under education." I'm thinking of just putting the total credit hours under education, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. I obviously need to get that course completed, and I also agree my mother was correct when she recommended I take ALL of my general courses first thing out of high school. :confused:

Thanks

Last edited: