Retreiving a device's Modbus Address

wtrex

W
Does anyone know of a software package that can be used to scan through all possible Modbus addresses and retreive the address of the device connected?

All of Modicon's programming software packages have the ability to scan communications networks. When you try to connect, go on-line, to a PLC you have the choice of scanning for conected devices. You can download demo versions at http://www.modicon.com. I know this is probably more than you want but it is one idea.

Thanks,

The device that I am connected to is not a Modicon product, but I will try this anyway.

Similar Topics

I was told by one of my OEMs that you can take a PanelView Plus 6 and use to as a master Panelview. This panelview would have the capability to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Another question about Beckhoff, I am in the builing automation industry, an i program a lot of Cx9000s i back up regualarly but i had a...
Replies
Views
I am using SFC 59 to read data using DPV1 from a PROFIBUS slave to a PLC. My problem is the length, I know the RET_VAL holds error code or read...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone I’m currently working on a omron device net and have a nord drive that fell off the network. I have limit knowledge in...
Replies
Views
Anyone have a idea of what would cause a failure of all nodes (buckets) of an AB Device Net MCC upon a power cycle of the main feeder for that MCC?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom