Retreiving information off Cx9000

reece

Hi all,
Another question about Beckhoff, I am in the builing automation industry, an i program a lot of Cx9000s i back up regualarly but i had a scare last week when i hadnt backed up and my laptop died. Luckly i got it working, but is there a way to retreive PLC information off the CX after downloading to it?

Reece.

I may be wrong as I haven't used the CX, but from what I remember of the training I believe you have to select the sourcecode download item in the online menu. This will then store the necessary files on the device.

Jon.

Jon R is correct, if you choose "Source Code Download" from the online menu, it will store the human-readable code on the hardware. If you want to automatically download the human-readable code onto the hardware, you can go to Project / Options / Source Code Download and choose from the options available there, such as "implicit on create boot project" which will save the source code whenever you create a boot project. (This would be expected behavior for some of us who are used to other brands of PLC)