RIO Transfer I/O Data Problems...

Lets put it this way. If the Terminating Resistors weren't required, Allen Bradley wouldn't supply them with every new DH+ and RIO Card.

Stu....

Terminating resistors prevent signal reflection at the end of long transmission lines. You can Google or Wikipedia the effect to your heart's desire.

DH+ and RIO frequently work very well even without terminating resistors, especially with short cable distances. That's a testament to how well-engineered the technology was.

But just because small systems work much of the time without the terminators doesn't mean they will work all the time, or that large systems will work without terminators.

They cost pennies. Install them when you get a chance.

Alright, that's the answer I was looking for. I plan to put them in tomorrow, even though we are running a very short wire, but it's good to have a basic idea of why we are doing it :nodi: