ROC Floboss PID Change

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking to change a PID loop operation on a ROC Floboss 103. The valve is fail open. they need it to fail close now. Do I need to make the change on the PID and if so how would i do it. or would it learn on its own? I'm not sure how to switch it's operation I was thinking instead of directly Controlling the output I would set the 0-100 (%) from the PID in an empty Soft point and then in the FST code go 100 minus that soft point and save to the output. is there an easier way or am I on the right track

So for Comparison... When i setup a PID Loop on RSLogix500 i can set it up as Forward/Direct Acting (E=PV-SP) or Reverse Acting (E=SP-PV)
I am looking for the Equivalent On The ROC FloBoss 103, Hopefully something more eligant than my above solution.

EDIT: After reading thru RocLink Help Files for a while, I have Found the Answer. Thought id put it here in case anyone needs help later

In the tuning section of the PID Loop, Goto Scale Factor. if its a negative value, the Loop is Reverse Acting. If its a positive value, it is Forward/Direct acting

Last edited: