Rockwell AOI for Modbus Client Adressing?

harjeff

I am trying to connect to a Chiller through Modbus TCP that has been setup as a Modbus slave and I see the Rockwell AOI and it looks pretty straightforward for connecting. The question I have is in the Data tags in Control Logix that get auto created Like Client_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[0] - Client_Data.HoldRegisters.4xxx[1023] are the array tags. The Chiller Manufacturer provided the tag mapping for their system, but they are in storage locations 401201:401202, etc. I am assuming I need to access 1207 and 1208 to get my data I need to display in the Rockwell PLC, but the array only goes up to 1023? I my missing something here? How would I access addresses above 1023? I haven't actually tried to connect yet as the system is still being built and sent to our facility, but I am trying to setup my program prior to arrival.

When Client AOI brings data back to the controller, it places it based on the LocalAddress value.
You can specify any LocalAddress between 0 an 1023

For your example of addresses 401207/401208, AIO client settings will be:
Begin Address 1206
Count 2
LocalAddress 6
The data will be in Client_01_Data.HoldRegisters.4xxx[6] and Client_01_Data.HoldRegisters.4xxx[7]

Also, pay attention to the Station ID.
Default is 0. Based on your Slave device it also can be any number 0-255. Values over 127 will be shown as negative unless you have them in HEX

OK, Thank You, that makes sense to setup the transaction with higher start address to accommodate my range.

I guess you mean "Higher LocalAddress" - if so then it should be any between 0 and 1023.
The BeginAddress value dictated by the Slave and can't be changed

What I was saying was

Begin Adress in the transaction I can set to 1000 with a count of 350 and Local Address of 0

Then I would be able to see registers 401000 - 401350 in the Modbus Slave PLC with Registers Client_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[0] -Client_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[350]

Those values encapsulate the range I need to see from the Rockwell PLC to the Modbus Slave PLC in the Chiller.

Thanks Again, The AOI has 5 built in transactions, so I guess I just use the other transactions to get all the addresses I need.