Rockwell Modbus TCP AOI help

BeepBob

Hello,

I am trying the AOI provided by Rockwell to read Modbus TCP, the version is 2.04

The connection looks good to the modbus server.

I am trying to read holding register 1000, function code 3, count 3

I use modbus poll (another software) and I read it fine. I just do not see the data while monitoring in studio 5000.

The transaction code says a "1" so its a success.

The data is under the .LocalAddress parameter right? Why is the default "0" for the .LocalAddress, do I need to change it? The manual wasn't clear

Can someone spot if I set this up right?

Attached screen shot.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 113527.jpg

Your data will be under Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[0] - Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[2].

If you change .LocalAddress (for example) to 5, then data will be under Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[5] - Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[7]

Your data will be under Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[0] - Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[2].

If you change .LocalAddress (for example) to 5, then data will be under Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[5] - Gate_01_Data.HoldRegisters_4xxx[7]

Yeah! that was it, the manual didn't specify. Thank you!

Question when I explanded Gate_01.Data, it shows hundreds of register. Is there an option for the AOI not to create so many tags?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 131644.jpg

Another bonus question..The manual says MAXIMUM 5 transaction per AOI.

Is this a software limit? Has anyone modified this AOI to have more transaction?

Can I just modify the raC_UDT_ModbusClientTransaction[5] array to be one bigger?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 132031.jpg bigger.jpg

As far as I know, the 5 transaction limit is based on performance as they execute sequentially. You can change array size and the AOI will pick this change automatically.

As for the data size, you can change the number of registers and code will check that. However, if change Boolean arrays 0 and 1, then you will have to manually specify limits. But booleans take relatively small memory and you can leave that as-is.