Rockwell Automation Fair 2012

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Does anyone know when they'll be releasing more information on this? I finally have a chance to go this year. The website has the dates and location but that's all. (Nov. 7-8, Philadelphia)

They normally open up the registration in late august or early september and thats when they post all the detailed info.

What other info do you need right now?

None I guess, just wanted to peruse the topics for lab and technical sessions.

If you go to the RS TechED site http://www.rockwellautomation.com/events/rsteched/

Look at the class agenda and offerings and it will give you a good idea of what will be offered at automation fair just scaled down a little plus any demo classes they put together for any pre release products that are at automation fair.

If you are going for training classes and updates then RS TechED gives of that and is a week long. If you want to preview all the new hotness that has yet to be released then Automation Fair is the ticket IMHO.

Does anyone know when they'll be releasing more information on this? I finally have a chance to go this year. The website has the dates and location but that's all. (Nov. 7-8, Philadelphia)

I think it'd be nifty if the plcs.net members make a note on the bottom of their nametags:

"I SUPPORT PLCS.NET"

I think I'll add a little yellow-and-red PLCs.NET logo to my nametag.

Look for me; I know I have a bunch of wagers to pay off, including "a round of drinks on me", "a box of donuts", and "eat my hat".

Better get a hat, shaped like a box of donuts.

Just a FYI but anyone that is going should have got a email to register for classes on the online portal much like rs tech ed but this is for hands on labs only and they went pretty fast.

In addition if you did register for hands on labs you have to go in I think by next thursday and re confirm your attendance of these labs or you will lose you spot.

I am not sure of the last data but it should be on the registration email.

I am ready for the show.

I did the day-planner function via the AutomationFair.com website, and saw that each time you added a Hands-On Lab to your schedule it reminded you that you had to register separately via the website, or in person at the Fair.

I realize that this sort of scheduling and planning is complicated, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to require a login and password to plan your time at the Fair, then another Registration with your name and e-mail, on top of the one or more User ID's you might actually have with RA.

So it's off to the Registration link for me, to see if any of the HOL's I put on my planned schedule are actually still available.

EDIT: As of 10/20/2012 the website Registration for Hands-On-Labs has closed. In my defense, I didn't get invited until this week.

In my experience, Hands-On-Labs are pretty flexible, especially on Day 2. When I was a presenter and there was more demand than workstations, I jammed people in until I ran out of chairs.

Last edited:
How many of you guys work for yourself? I have been blessed with a full calender and couldn't get away if I unless it is an emergency.
Time for a new thread I think.

I always see RS Tech Ed as a chance to learn with the occasional drinking.

Automation Fair, constant drinking with the occassional learning.

I'll be at Automation Fair again this year; this will be my 13th one (if my counting is accurate). This will be my 8th one as a self-employed individual. When I first went out on my own I promised myself that I would go to Automation Fair every year and I have. As soon as I know the date I book it into my schedule just like I would a project or a vacation. I have found if I wait and see if I'm busy then I'll never get the time off. Its always busy. Same applies to vacation and training. I have to put it in my calendar early and then just tell my customers I am unavailable during that time. It has worked for 8 years!

This might be a long shot but does anyone know when the PDH certificates will be available from the 2012 Fair? On the show website there's a link to log in and access a list of completed classes, but I cannot find any option to print certificates. I would assume that Rockwell knows that some people need these before the end of the calendar year for reporting purposes.

I tried emailing Rockwell about this, with no response. :confused: